Visual scanning and working memory
Participants will be seated in front of a screen and asked to perform a visual-memory task (n-back task). During the task, participants will press a button on the keyboard once they recognize a certain letter on one of two places on the screen. At the same time, we collect data of brain activity (EEG) and eye-movements (EOG). This means, we place skin electrodes on the head as well as around the eyes.
For participating, please make an appointment via email at
The date and time shown in the calendar are NOT correct. You will make an appointment directly via email.
one session, approximately 2 hoursCompensation
The following requirements are compulsory and will have to be met for reasons related to safety and the study's scientific purpose. Please read before registering.
The participant must
- have normal uncorrected vision (contact lenses are fine, but NO glasses),
- have hair on the head that is no shorter than 3cm and no longer than 20 cm.
- be between 18 and 30 years old.
- NOT be taking medication that effects the central nervous system,
- NOT suffer from any neurological or neurodegenerative disorders (e.g., epilepsy, depression),
- NOT carry any contagious disease on the day of testing,
- NOT wear any hair products (e.g., wax) on the day of testing.
The experiment will be conducted in a small, dark cubicle.