Terms and Conditions
Thank you for using the services of the Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics, Department Perception, Cognition and Action, Max Planck Ring 8, 72076 Tübingen, Germany (hereafter referred to as MPI). By using our MPI experiment database you agree to our terms of service.
Please read our terms of service carefully.
In the following, we will refer to service provider as staff or selected affiliates of the MPI.
1. The user agrees to be in good health and condition.
For the experiments posted on the MPI experiment database (e.g. experiment participation), the user agrees and ensures to be
- - in good physical (e.g. normal or corrected-to-normal vision, no back injuries),
- - in good mental health, i.e. does not meet any diagnostic criteria of mental disorders or conditions,
- - not under the influence of medication, drugs or alcohol
2. The user will only register once within the database.
The user agrees to register only with one email address.
3. Registration and sign-ups are expressions of interest
The user agrees that the registration within the MPI experiment database or signing-up for an experiment merely expresses the user's interest in participating in experiments. That is, neither the registration nor the sign-up for an experiment guaranties participation in experiments,or use other services offered by us. We reserve the right to withhold any service offered by us without providing a reason.
4. The user agrees to provide only truthful information.
5. The user ensures to inform the experimenter in due time in case of cancellation of an appointment.
If the user would like to cancel an experiment appointment, the user will inform the experimenter sufficiently ahead of time. In order to do so, the user can use the functions provided in the database. If this is not possible, the user is obliged to inform the experimenter by telephone or email or otherwise.
6. The user agrees to the collection and the statistics of the user’s behavior.
We will collect information regarding the use of the MPI experiment database, e.g. missed or canceled appointments, and will use this information for improving the MPI experiment database.
7. The user is not allowed to remove or redistribute contents of the MPI experiment database.
8. The user agrees to keep his account information confidential and does not allow other person(s) to use his/her account.
9. The user agrees to keep information about the use of services confidential.
Several experiments, require that users of the MPI experiment database are naïve and have little prior knowledge about the experiment. For this reason, the user agrees to not pass information about the experiment on to other users.
10. The user is not allowed to misuse the services.
The user is not allowed, for example, to post offensive information or to alter the normal database behavior.
11. Users are 18 years or older when using a service.
Users must be 18 years or older when using a service unless it is specified otherwise in the service.